This report is prepared to provide the overview of the Internet of Things IT Assignment Help. Basically, the Internet of things is the unique prototype innovation in the IT world. The Internet of Things is also known as IOT in short. It is mainly created from two words internet and things, where the internet is the universal system of the interconnected computer networks which uses the standard internet-protocol-suite to provide the billions of users across the globe. While the Things, is any object or person that can be discernible by the real world. This report is mainly divided into three sections; that are: a literature review of IOT, current or future issues in the IOT and solution for the issue faced or will be faced in the IOT.
IOT is stands for the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is defined in several viewpoints and the main reason behind defining in the different viewpoints is because of the two words involved in it; first is ‘Internet’ and another is ‘Things’. Here, the ‘Internet’ mainly indicates towards the combination of worldwide networks and ‘Things’ mainly comprise to the universal objects. The combination of these two words “Internet of Things” indirectly means that the network of interconnected objects in all over the world which has a unique identification address. It also leads to the whole new level of advancement in the IT world. In other words, the Internet of Things may be defined as the comprehensive and open network of intelligent objects which have the ability to auto establish, share information, resources and information, acting and reacting in the face of situation and transformation in the environment, etc. In the last few decades, the internet of things attracted the attention of industries, users, etc. through projecting the visualization of the universal infrastructure of the interconnected objects, enabling the anytime from anywhere connectivity for everyone. The IOT is also getting popularity and considered as the universal network which enables the communication between the things to things, human to things and human to human. One of the most challenging tasks in the IOT is the storing and identification of the objects and exchanging of information. There are mainly three types of technology is responsible to enable the IoT: RFID (Radio-frequency identification), Quick response codes and optical tags and Bluetooth and low energy. The RFID is used to access the public transportation, the optical tags and quick response tags are uses for the low-cost tagging and the Bluetooth and low energy is one of the latest technology which is used in the almost all the newly launched smartphones and communication devices.
Read more about Android Application Assignment Help
The ‘Internet of Things’ is one of the regular supporting architecture which is used for the deployment of the independent associated services and applications which is categorized by the high degree of the autonomous capturing of data, event transfer, connectivity of network and interoperability. In this terms the internet mainly points out the development of integrated network and the things is mainly focusing on the integration of the generic objects into the framework that is easy and simple to access. The implementation of the internet of things is basically dependent on the architecture that includes different layers. The different layers of the IoT are arranged in very efficient and mannered way so that it can fulfill all the needs of industries, organizations, societies, etc. The layered architecture of the Internet of Things is shown below:
In the figure shown above the upper two layers are responsible for the utilization of data while the lower two layers are responsible for capturing the data. These four layers are described below:
- Application Layer: The application layer is the top layer of the ‘IoT’. It is responsible for the delivery of the different applications of the ‘IoT’ to its different users. These applications can be from the different industries like manufacturing, retail, logistics, healthcare, etc.
- Middle ware Layer: The middle ware layer is one of the most important and critical layers of the IoT. It works as the interface between the application layer and the hardware layers of the internet of things. This layer is responsible for the different critical functions of the Internet of Things; like management of devices and information, filtering and aggregation of data, the discovery of information, control access and semantic analysis of information and data. See more about IT Infrastructure Management Assignment
- Access Gateway Layer: The access gateway layer is one of the important layers of the internet of things where the process of data handling happens initially. This layer mainly includes the routing of the message, subscribing, and publishing and also performs the communication between cross platforms.
- Edge Layer: The edge layer also known as hardware layer which comprises the embedded systems, sensor networks, etc. These include the primary data sensors which are deployed in the internet of things.
There are several enabling technologies which enable the internet of things in our daily lives:
- Radio frequency identification: It is also known as the RFID. The RFID is the system which transmits the object identity or person identity by using the radio waves. It is categorized in the three different categories on the basis of power supply method: Active RFID, Passive RFID, and the semi-passive
- Internet Protocol: It is the primary network protocol which is used on the internet.
- Electronic Product code: It is the 64 and 98-bit code which is electronically in the RFID tag. There are mainly two types of EPC is used in EPC first is IPv4 and IPv6.
- Wireless fidelity: The wireless fidelity is also known as Wi-Fi. It is a networking technology which enables the computers and other communication devices to communicate with each other over the wireless signals.
- Some others enabling technology are Bluetooth, ZigBee, NFC, Actuators, WSN, AI, etc.
Read more about IT Infrastructure Strategy Assignment
The internet of things makes our lives much easier than before. Everything and humans in all over the world become easily accessible and locatable with the help of internet of things. But with the advantages and benefits of the IOT (Internet of Things), there are also several issues related to the security and privacy is involved in it, which are discussed below:
- Unauthorized access to the RFID: The unauthorized uses of the RFID tags which includes the identification data is the serious issue in the internet of things. This type of issue may leak or harm the different types of confidential data of the internet users. The unauthorized user may also damage or alter it. The most popular threat related to RFID is RFID virus attacks, side channel attack with the help of cell phone hack.
- Security breaches of Sensor-Node: The Wireless sensor networks are one of the most susceptible things which comprise different types of attacks in the internet of things, just because of the sensor nodes are one of the parts of the bi-directional sensor network. The WSN is mainly responsible for transmitting the data but due to security issues in it, the acquisition of the data and information is also possible in it. Some of the most popular security issues and attacks in the WSN are jamming, flooding, Sybil, tempering, etc. In the jamming attack, all the network is hindered due to the interference of the frequencies of sensor nodes. In the Tampering attack, the node data is modified and changed by the attackers to create the manageable node. The flooding attack is caused by the large amount of traffic which results in the exhaustion of memory. Read more about Cyber Security Assignment Help
- Cloud computing abuse: The cloud computing is enabling the sharing of the resources and information between each other. Due to this, there are lots of chances to happen the security threats with the shared resources and information; such as phishing, Man-in-the-middle attack, etc.
- Malicious-insider Threat: In this type of threat some of the insider people are involved in the data manipulation, which is authorized to access the user’s information or data.
- Data lost threat: In this type of threat the unauthorized users may alter or delete the resources and existing data of the people.
- Man-in-the-middle threat: In this type of threats the attackers are modified or intercept the messages between the communications of different parties.
As I have discussed several issues related to security and privacy in the internet of things. I am providing the possible solution for the security issue related to cloud computing abuse. The solutions are:
Cloud computing abuse
There are several threats are involved in the cloud computing abuse in the internet of things; such as Malicious-insider, data lost, man-in-the-middle attacks, etc. In these types of threats or attacks mainly the third person who is authorized and unauthorized are altered, modify or delete the information or data resources from the source so that we must have to consider the following points to prevent these security threats in the internet of things:
- Data Encryption: The information security or data stored online on the cloud computers may be accessed by the many unauthorized users due to security ignorance and breaches, so we must have to use the SSL certification to use the data encryption techniques to protect the data from the unauthorized users. The SSL certification encrypts the data into the special codes which are very difficult for the attackers to alter these data.
- Uses of proper firewall software: We must have to use the firewall in out cloud computing server and devices while using the internet of things so that we can prevent our resources from the suspicious and unauthorized traffic and links. The firewall prevents the suspicious networks, links, and traffic from entering into the personal network.
In this report, I have mainly reviewed the state-of-art on the Internet of Things which includes the review and understanding of internet of things, its introduction, major security issues involved in the internet of things and possible solution for one of the main security issues involved in the IOT. I have also includes the enabling technologies present in the internet of things to provide the complete understanding of the internet of things to the learners, so that they can able to understand that: what is internet of things, what is its importance, enabling technologies in it, major security-related issues or threats involved in it and the solution for that threat after reading this report.
Read more about computer programming assignment help
G. K, Review on IOT Technologies. Tamil Nadu, 2017.
V. Sharma, A review paper on “IOT” & It‟s Smart Applications. Chattisgarh-, 2017, p. 5.
S. Madakam, Internet of Things (IoT): A Literature Review. 2017, p. 10.
P. singh, Internet of Things (IoT): A Literature Review. 2017, p. 7.
M. Waseem, A Review on Internet of Things (IoT). 2017, p. 7.
A. Pandey, “A Review Paper on Internet of Things (IoT)”, Ijsrd.com, 2017. [Online]. Available: http://www.ijsrd.com/C_Article.php?manuscript=NCTAAP045. [Accessed: 03- Oct- 2017].
”IoT Security-Issues, Challenges and Solutions – Internet Of Things Wiki”, Internet Of Things Wiki, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://internetofthingswiki.com/iot-security-issues-challenges-and-solutions/937/. [Accessed: 03- Oct- 2017].