Introduction: Android App Development Assignment
This Android App Development Assignment has been developed to understand the fundamental concepts of android application. It will help the developer to design and develop an android application with several features. This feature will be helpful from the user’s perspectives.
Functioning of Application
This Android App Development Assignment discusses the application which has the functionality similar to a diary in which the user of the application can add his notes with an appropriate label and a message. Along with these all users will get the time and date at which the notes was saved. For this the user can save entries in five different places which are saved with the name player. The user can also view these entries at five different places.
The user will also have an option menu where the user will have four different options by which the user can perform different tasks.
- The first option is my profile which will allow the user to view the saved name and password. The user can get his details using this profile.
- The second option of the option menu is clear list. Using this option the user can clear all the list of the saved entries.
- The third option is send all entries. Using this user can send all the saved entries using email.
- The last option is save all entries by which user can save all the entries to the SQLite data base which were earlier saved in the array list.
The main screen of the application is a login type screen in which the user needs to add the data such as name or password. The user also needs to fill the reenter password field. If the password matches the user is redirected to the next home screen else the user need to reenter the field. If the user clicks on the cancel button he/she will exit from the app. [Learn about Java Assignment Help]
On the main screen the user will get five player options from where he/she can choose a single player. After selection he/she will be redirected to add notes pages. Now the user will get the following options:
- The user can view current date, time and day. The user can add label for the notes and can add notes.
- By clicking on save entries button the user can save all the entries.
- By clicking on show entries the user can view his/her all the notes.
- By clicking on previous button the user will be redirected to the previous player.
- By clicking on the next button the user will be redirected to the next player.
- By clicking on the home button the user will be redirected to the first page of the app.
The user can enjoy a wonderful app with will provide all the options of the data saving.
Android architecture is a software stack which includes the applications, the operating system, runtime environment, the middleware, the services and the libraries. The architecture can be best represented visually as an outline. Each layer of the stack and the related elements within each and every layer and are tightly integrated and also they provide tuned optimal application and the execution environment for the mobile devices.
The architecture of an android application defines the dependency of the application on different modules. The android application can be created using these dependencies. To create an android application the user can use eclipse or the android studio.
The android is an application of java. All the classes in android app are created in java language. The java is a platform independent language which is dependent on the byte code. The byte codes are created when the user complies any java program. These byte codes are platform independent and can be executed anywhere on any platform without adding any functionality. The java language is also a secure language. Java language also provides some other feature such as java language is robust, secure, platform independent, architectural neutral, simple, object oriented etc. The best feature of java language is that it is based on object oriented programming. Everything in java is an object. Using object methods, variables and all the functions of any class can be used in another class.
The class is known as blueprint of objects. The class holds all the methods, variables and the functions which provide the functionality to an android programming. These all can be used with the help of objects.
To run java or android program in a system the system must have a JDK which is java development kit. The user needs to install the java runtime environment which will provide java runtime environment and also the needed library and the tools which are needed for a java program.
In this architecture the common architecture for an application is shown. The architecture of the android application includes the other applications such as the native libraries or the third party libraries. The application also holds the libraries to integrate with other applications. The application also includes the android runtime to execute any application such as virtual machine or other resource to manage the android libraries and also manage the android projects. The libraries also provide the extra feature to use and make the application more useful and appropriate.
The other feature is Linux kernel which allows the users of the application to update the application according to their requirements and also provide a feature to update or edit the application. The android architecture explains dependency of the android application on different modules. The application also provides a way by which the user can get to know the complete dependency of the application.
Also Read: Computing and System Development Assignment
Listing of browsers, manufacturers and concept of android
As various browsers are made for mobile devices but no browser has been used as such to implement this application. The targeted audience is the one who are interested in poker games.
For the implementation of the application the user need to have mobile application with the android operating system. The mobile device should support the android support.
The android applications are not possible to run on the browsers. To run any android application the user need to have a mobile device so that he/she can be able to install the application. The user also needs to have an appropriate version of the android version.
The android is Linux based operating system. The android provides a way to implement all the functionality on software which can be executed on a mobile device easily. The android also provide a easy way to implement all the functionality which can be executed and used on a mobile device without carrying a laptop or without extra need. This player’s app provides an easy way to save the user notes locally so when the user needed these notes he/she can view them anytime, anywhere without need of internet or any other feature. The user is also given a facility such as share of all the saved entries by which the user can save all the entries and can also share them with their friends or someone else when needed.
The user will have a better way to saves notes. The user will not need to carry a diary or some other copy or pen. The user can directly save them by using their mobile device.
Firstly when the user saves the notes they are saved in a static array list. If the user is needed to save them all in database then the user needs to go to menu and selects the save all entries option. If the user wants to share those entries he/she needs to go to the share all entries option in option menu. Using option menu the user can also clear his/her all the saved entries.
The user can also view his/her profile. These all pages are managed using the fragment on a single Activity. The fragments are light weight and also consume less memory. The layout of the activity can be replaced by many fragments. The fragments are also java class and are used to replace or change the layout of the activity. The fragments also have the same functionality as an activity. The activity of an android application has five methods such as onStart(), onCreate(), onDestroy(), onBackStackPressed(), onResume() where a fragment holds seven methods. These methods are called life cycle methods of an activity and the fragment.
The android provides some default methods to perform tasks. The user can also create their own methods and can also create their own classes. The layouts or the designing of an android application is done in the xml files. These layouts are saved with the extension .xml.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Read more about PHP Assignment Help
List of the Features which have been implemented successfully:
- The user of the app will be 5 players.
- On the main screen the user will have a signup like screen where the user needs to enter name and the password. The user also needs to click on submit.
- If the user will click on submit and each and every details are found correct the user will be redirected to the next screen else if the user clicks on cancel button he/she will exit from the app.
- They all have the same functionality such as they can add the notes with label with the current date and time stamp.
- The adding notes will have two types of data one is the label of the notes and another one is the notes content.
- When the user will click on the save entries button all the entries will be saved in static array list. To save the entire list in database the user needs to go to option menu and need to select on save all entries option.
- If user wishes to clear all the saved data the user needs to select the clear list option in option menu.
- The user can also view his/her profile by which he/she signup.
- The user can also share all the saved notes using email.
- The user can also view the saved notes by clicking on the show notes entries button.
- On the player fragment the user will have five button which will perform the following tasks:
- The first button is save all entries which will save all the details in array list.
- The next is showing all entries button which will show all the saved entries.
- Another button is next button which will redirect the player to the next player.
- Another one is previous button which will redirect the player to the previous player.
- The last one is the home button which will redirect the user to the home screen.
- When the user will press back button to go back to the home screen of phone there will be a dialog such as do you want to save all the entries?
- If the user will press yes then all the data will be saved in the database but if the user will press the no button he/she will directly exit from the app.
Bugs which occurred during the preparation of the application:
- Null pointer exception: This exception occurred due to the not availability of the frames.
- The views were not clear for all the fragments as they were not replacing together.
- File Not Found exception: this exception occurred when there was no table created.
- Data repetition error.
Handling of all the bugs:
- Used try and catch to handle the null pointer exception.
- Managed all the views and cleared the last layout.
- Used try and catch to handle file not found exception.
Read more about Technical Assignment Help
- There must be alarm system to notify about any schedule.
- There must be more tabs such as exit or update the last notes and delete the notes.
- There must be more functionality such as important notes or more valued notes.
- The data can be saved on sever directly by using my SQL database management.
- There may be more than five players.
- The user may also add the functionality of sharing data using Facebook, what’s app or other social network sites which are widely used now days.
- The user can add the functionality of storing profile on the database. So he/she can manage all the user of application.
- The user can also view the notes and can judge the right and wrong notes. Along this the user can delete a single entry except deleting all the entries.
- The user can also add the feature of security thus only the authorized person can view his/her saved notes.
Read more about Database Assignment Help
- Searched all the requirements and analyzed all the data.
- Searched and queried all the data on the internet
- Managed and place query to use the eclipse ide
- Searched how to create mobile app on eclipse ide and also searched how to use eclipse IDE.
This screen is the main signup screen of the user. Here user needs to enter name and the password. After entering name and password the user needs click on submit button. If the user clicks on the cancel button he/she will exit from the application.
This is the home screen of the application. From here the user can select any player. On the top right the user has the option of option menu. Here the user will get the following options:
Here the user has four options:
The first option will show the profile of the user. Such as:
Also Read: Android Assignment Help
The next option is clear list which will clear all the entries saved in database. The next option is send all entries which will help the user to share all the entries using email. The next option is save all entries which save all the entries which are earlier stored in static array list. When the user selects the first player the following screen will open:
Here when the user can:
- The user will get the current data, time and day.
- The user will have an option to enter the label for the notes.
- The user will have an option to enter the notes.
- The next is the save notes entry button where the user can save all the entered notes with current time stamp in static array list.
- When the user will click on the show notes entry button following screen will open:
- The next is the home button from here the user will be redirected to the home screen of the application.
- The next is the previous button from here the user will be redirected to the previous player.
- The last one is the next button which will redirect the user to the next player screen.
- All the players have the same layout and the same functionality to save and access all the data.
Read about Object Oriented Programming Assignment.
To implement the design of the application following functions are used:
- Selected a linear layout.
- Defined the weight of the parent layout.
- Define height and width of the parent layout.
- Now select text view from the widgets. Defined weight and height of the text view.
- Defined the background and the text color of the text view.
- Now selected an edit text to take entries from the user. The user here can enter entries such as the label of the notes and also the notes which the user needs to save. In these edit text defined the hint text so the user can get to know what to enter. The next work which is done is to define the text color of hint and the text. Now the weight, width and height is defined for these all edit text.
- The next feature which is to be implemented is the button.
- To create button along with height, width and weight the background and the text color of the button.
- Along these all there is needed to define the alignment and the padding of the text.
- Also defined the margin of the text.
- The text alignment, size and also the text style is defined under the xml files which are created to implement design in android programming. Read more about Java Assignment Help
This file includes all the coding of the logics which are to use to implement all the functionality. To implement all the requirements which are based on the functionality such as:
- Save all the entries.
- Save the profile of the user.
- Delete all the entries.
- Save the entries in the array list.
- Share the entries with the other person using email.
- To go the next and the previous player.
- Move to the home page.
- View profile or save that profile locally only in the app.
Read more about Computer Network Assignment
I have understood the concept of android and java. I have got the better understanding of java programming and working with android. The developer becomes full confident after working on this android application.
- Developer.blackberry.com, (2015). System requirements – Runtime for Android apps on PlayBook – BlackBerry Developer. [online] Available at: https://developer.blackberry.com/playbook/android/documentation/sys_requirements_playbook.html [Accessed 12 Dec. 2015].
- Compatibility, A. (2015). Android Compatibility | Android Open Source Project. [online] Source.android.com. Available at: https://source.android.com/compatibility/ [Accessed 12 Dec. 2015].
- Developer.android.com, (2016). Building Your First App | Android Developers. [online] Available at: http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html [Accessed 8 Jan. 2016].
- Read more about Computer Programming Assignment
Programming Assignments Help is the best assignment help provider in the United Kingdom. Our online assignment writing help UK is especially dedicated for the students studying in all UK colleges and universities. Submit assignment to get the best quality assignment help.