This sample solution on Database Management Assignments Help will help students to complete their database assignments.
Red Cross is the community who works as the helping hands in the New Zealand. It takes utilized clothes of the people as a donation sells it for money to provide various helping services among the people of the New Zealand. The Red Cross Community provides Red Cross Stores of the clothes at the various places of the New Zealand so that the people can easily made their shopping with the Red Cross and donate their utilized and unwanted clothes but instead of it the peoples are not completely aware about the red cross, so that we take a survey of the Red Cross consumers and the people of the New Zealand to completely understand the opinions of the peoples of New Zealand about the Red Cross.
This Research report developed to provide all those survey information and various data collection methodology and sampling strategy so that the Red Cross vendors who are working for the same purpose can easily take survey and collect more and more useful information. In this report I include various data collection activities such as: primary data, secondary data, limitations, sampling variations, etc. and also provide recommendations based upon my research on this topic which will be helpful to maximize the numbers of donors and sells of the Red Cross store in New Zealand. The mission of the Red Cross community is to develop the lives of susceptible people at the overseas and home. The Red Cross doing this through mobilizing the humanity-power and enhancing the community resilience. It also supports the peoples of New Zealand everyday who needs a helping hand.
The Red Cross Store situated in Sandringham, New Zealand is a one of the best retail Red Cross store in the New Zealand. It takes the second hand/utilized and un-wanted clothes of the people and sales those clothes for the money. The purpose of this project is to raise the funds for the Red Cross Store in Sandringham, but for this they need to understand their customers like what their customer thinks about their store, are people satisfied with the product quality, pricing, availability or not. To know these things and gather this information of the people of New Zealand they take a survey of the people. The main objectives of this survey project are given below:
- Product-Pricing: This is one of the main objective of this project is to gather the information from the people of the New Zealand, either they satisfied with the product pricing offered by the Red Cross store or not, so that they can improve their product pricing strategies to satisfied their customer. This will make the people of the New Zealand comfortable in their shopping with the Red Cross.
- Product-Availability: This is the second objective of this project is to gather the information from the people to know that the product availability of the Red Cross store in Sandringham is meet to their needs or not, if not then they can improve their product availability according to the people by offering more and more products at the store.
- Product-Quality: This is the third objectives of this project is to gather data from the people about the quality of their product which they sale to their customer. They want to know that either the quality of the product offered by them to the customer is meet the satisfaction level of the customer or not.
Read more about Database Management Assignment Help
Basically in the researches data is the group of figures and facts in the raw form. It is basically categorized in two types: Primary data and secondary data.
The primary data is the type of data which are collected first hand in raw form. These types of data are collected for any particular/specific purpose directly from the source through survey, interview, etc.
I need to collect the primary data from the sources to raise the funds of Red Cross store in Sandringham and maximize the number of donors through aware the peoples of New Zealand about the Red Cross. I did researches on the Red Cross store and local area New Zealanders and take a survey with various questionnaires of the Red Cross consumers to know their opinions about the Red Cross Store. This will helps us to completely understand the facts, advantages, dis-advantages and problems obtained with the people in smoothly connecting or donating with the Red Cross store.
The secondary data is the type of data which are collected from the sources which have already collected it. Generally the secondary data is the second hand or re-used data which is gathered or collected from the primary day. These types of data basically collected from the books, newspaper, etc.
I need the secondary data to review or comparison my responses and previously generated responses. I also need the secondary data to observe various HR and marketing issues may involve in Red Cross store. To collect the secondary data we made various researches on internet and read many journal, PDF and eBooks published previously on this topic.
Read more about Database Design Homework Assignment
Basically limitations are the methods which left during their research and data collection process or which you chose may be the source of a significant limitation which has emerged during the result interpretation such as: you did not take interview or questionnaires during the data collection process or you may did not interview a people group and later you wish or want had.
In our case we did only survey of the subset of people or the consumer of Red Cross store during the data collection to gather or collect the data which will helps to completely understand the opinions of the people about the Red Cross store from the sources. We may use some other data collection methods to collect more informatics data which helps a lot to improve the financial condition of the Red Cross store and in raising the funds for the Red Cross store. The data collection methods which are left during our research and data collection process are given below:
Questionnaire: The questionnaire is one of the data collection methods which consistent the series of question and other prompts for the purpose of collecting data from the sources. It allows us to gather the most accurate data in the logical-flow. This data collection method will be done in order to reach the reliable conclusions from that which we are planning to do for collection the data. The questionnaire data collection method directly meets to the objectives and goals of research. This is the type of the quantitative data collection research methodology.
Interviews: Interview is also the type of data collection method which consists of gathering the data by asking various questions to the people personally. This is the most general methods of the data collection used in the qualitative research type. In this method data can be gathered by listening to individuals, filming, recording their responses. This method can be used to explore the views, opinion, experiences and motivation of individual participants. In other words it is used to collect the data from the small group of subjects on the broad range of topics.
The interview data collection methods are basically categorized in four types:
- Structured interview: This is a quantitative research method which generally used in the research survey by the researcher. The main aim of this approach is to confirm that each interview is presented with the same question in the similar way.
- Semi structured interview: This is the qualitative method of the inquiry which includes the pre-determined set of open questions to discover the precise themes.
- In depth interview: This is the qualitative research techniques which include showing the concentrated interviews of individual with the small number of the respondents to explore their perspectives on the specific idea and situation.
- Focused group discussion: This is the decent way to collect together people from the similar experiences and backgrounds to argue the exact subjects of interest.
Read our Expert Advice : Database Management System Assignment
The sampling variation is the type of variation in the sample statistics from sample to sample. Suppose we have two samples in which one is statistic and one is taken then to find the variation between them, we have to calculate the mean of both. If we take another sample from the same population then the mean of that sample which is calculated with this sample is different from that sample mean which we calculated before. So if the other sample means are calculated by continuously taking the samples from the same population and also same in size then the differences in these sample means are illustrate the sampling variation. We are using the s2 to calculate the variation between samples.
Mathematically, we define the variance as the average of the squared differences from the mean. Generally, we have to break it in different steps to completely understand what you are calculating with the sample variance. The steps are:
- First of all calculate the mean of the samples.
- After that subtract the sample mean and square the result.
- And finally work out the average of those differences.
According to our sampling strategy, we take survey of the group of peoples or Red Cross customers from the population of the New Zealand to know their opinions about the Red Cross store and to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the Red Cross store. We choose the numbers or sample of peoples for our research project because it is impossible to observe the entire subject of one’s interest at once for instance, this is important to sample part of the population to focusing on and select it carefully. In our survey we take the several groups of 100 peoples to participate in the survey and ask various questions in the survey form. After that we study or analyze those survey answers given by different group of peoples about the Red Cross store in Sandringham, and then we calculate the average answers of all the groups which is similar to each other to find the sampling variation of those groups or samples of peoples. See more about Database System Management Assignment
Basically, data analysis is the process of systematically applying the logical and statistical techniques to illustrate, condense, describe, evaluate and recap the data which is collected or to be collected for the research. In qualitative research the data analysis process include the statistical procedures but sometimes the data analysis becomes the iterative process where the data is regularly gathered and analyzed almost concurrently.
The necessary factor of confirming data integrity is the accurate and appropriate analysis of research findings. The improper statistical analyses distort the scientific findings and may negatively impact the public-perception of research. The integrity issues are just as the applicable to analysis of the non-statistical data as well. There is various considerations and issues involves in the data analysis process in the research which face all the researchers during their research:
- Having the necessary skills about the subject or topic to analyze the data.
- Simultaneously choosing the data collection method and appropriate analyses.
- Extent of the analysis.
- Validity and Reliability.
- Training of vendors conducting analyses.
- Drawing the balanced inference and unsuitable subgroup analysis.
- Determining of the statistical significance.
- Lack of clearly defined and objective outcomes measurements.
- Providing the honest and accurate analysis.
- Manners of presenting the data which is collected and method of data recording.
The Data analysis is important for understanding the results obtained from the surveys, administrative sources and pilot studies, also for providing the information about the data gaps, redesigning the surveys, planning new statistical activities and for formulating the quality objectives. In this research project, we collect the various data from the internet sources and survey taken people of the New Zealand about the Red Cross store. The main goal of our data analysis process is to make some type of the senses out of each and every data collection, to look for the relations and designs both within the gathering and also across the collections and to make the overall findings about the miracles we are researching. Our purpose of analyzing the data collected from various sources is to obtain the informatics, useful and helpful information about the Red Cross store in Sandringham, so that we can improve the financial condition of the Red Cross store by raising the funds and aware the more n more peoples of New Zealand to donate to Red Cross, so that the Red Cross continuously working as a helping hand in the New Zealand. The analysis regardless of whether the data is quantitative or qualitative. In the whole data analysis process, we mainly review and define the data, detect the relationship between the variables, compare the variables which we obtained during our data collection process, identify the difference between the variables and forecast the outcomes. We are evaluating the data by using the logical and reasoning to examine all the component of the collected data. We gathered and reviewed the related data from various sources like PDF and journals published and then analyzed all the data to form some sort of the findings or conclusion.( Read more about Database Management Systems Assignment )
A good understanding of the data analysis process will help a lot to completing the research. This will help to:
- Appreciate the meaning of the scientific method, statistical significance in relation to the research questions.
- Realize the importance of the good research design when investigating the research data and questions.
- Be able to devise, implement and report accurately a small quantitative research project.
- Show the understanding of the limitations and strength of the selected quantitative or qualitative research project.
- Be adept of working effectively alone or with the others to solve the research questions quantitatively.
In the researches which we made on the given topic “Red Cross Store in Sandringham” we observe some issues and lack points which causes the less financial grow of Red Cross store and also causes in raising the funds for the store. So I would like to recommend some point which should be adopt by the Red Cross store to improve their financial conditions, raising funds for the store and aware more and more people for the donation. The recommendations are pointed below:
- Donation Boxes: The Red Cross Store has to adopt this and provide the donation boxes at the different places of the New Zealand. The name and address of the Red Cross Store must be written on the donation boxes, so that people can know or think about the Red Cross when they see it. This will help a lot the Red Cross to aware the peoples about the Red Cross and donation. The donation boxes also helpful for the Red Cross consumers to easily donating their fund or utilized products. The peoples don’t have always as much time to specially go to Red Cross shop to give their donation or utilized products, so the donation boxes helps them to easily provide their donation nearby their home when they comfortable.
- Marketing strategies: The Red Cross store organizers have to make the better marketing strategies for the donation which attracts the peoples in providing donation such as: some offers for their donation or gifts or anything else which is suitable to their localized peoples. They also apply some minimums limits in donation which must be reached by the donors, if they want to donate in Red Cross Shop.
- Mobile or hand-held device access: The Red Cross store have to develop and provide the online easy access of their shop through their hand-held devices like mobile, tablet, etc. They have to develop a mobile app for their Red Cross retail store so that people can easily access the store for their shopping and donation also at anywhere anytime when they want. We all are aware about the growth of mobile technologies and devices. Almost all the peoples are using the mobile devices today and uses various app for their works, because they like to use and spend their time on the mobile devices, so that the Red Cross store/community have to provide a mobile app for their users or consumers so that they can easily shop with the Red Cross and also give their donation easily. This will also attract the peoples towards the Red Cross store and donation which is very fruitful in raising the funds for the store and community and improving the financial condition of the Red Cross.
- Bulletin boards: The Red Cross store have to provide the bulletin boards in their shops for the customer feedbacks, so that the customers who visits the Red Cross store submit their feedback and review about the shop, product, services or anything about the Red Cross store before they leave the store. This will helps the Red Cross store or community to understand and know the advantages, disadvantages and about their products and services according to the customer point of view and can improve their services and quality of products to meet the customer/consumer satisfaction level.
Read more about Database Assignment Help
The main motive, aim or objectives of this research papers is too aware the people of New Zealand by the employing some marketing strategies so that people can know about the Red Cross community and Red Cross Store. This research project also aims to raise the funds for the Red Cross, so that Red Cross continues helping the people smoothly and continue working as the helping hands in the New Zealand. Survey objective of this project is to collect the data from the people who live in the New Zealand about their product quality, pricing, availability, etc. One of the key objectives or aims of this research project is to provide more and more donation to the Red Cross store from the localized people of New Zealand. While we research on the topic of this project we read various website, research papers, journals, PDFs published regarding the similar topics and on Red Cross store in Sandringham with the help of internet. We observe some lack points of Red Cross which causes fewer donations in New Zealand such as: absence of donation boxes, a mobile app for the stores and other Red Cross services. The community has to provide the donation boxes on the different places of the New Zealand with the Red Cross label written on this, so that people can know and think about the Red Cross and the people who want to donate their utilized and unwanted clothes, home wares can easily donate in the donation boxes. The community also has to develop the mobile app for the stores and other Red Cross services so that people can easily access the community and stores online for their shopping, donation, etc.
How to donate to our shops | New Zealand Red Cross. (2016). Redcross.org.nz. Retrieved 17 November 2016, from https://www.redcross.org.nz/red-cross-shops/how-donate-our-shops/
Volunteer in a Red Cross Shop | New Zealand Red Cross. (2016). Redcross.org.nz. Retrieved 17 November 2016, from https://www.redcross.org.nz/red-cross-shops/volunteer-red-cross-shop/
EDMONDS, E. (2016). Pop-up shop volunteers brave the cold. Stuff. Retrieved 17 November 2016, from http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/central-leader/70252620/red-cross-popup-shop-cant-contain-the-chill
Abawi, D. (2016). Data Collection Instruments (1st ed., p. 18). Retrieved from http://www.gfmer.ch/SRH-Course-2012/Geneva-Workshop/pdf/Data-collection-instruments-Abawi-2013.pdf
British Dental JOurnal. (2016). .
What are the objectives of the Red Cross?. (2016). Reference. Retrieved 17 November 2016, from https://www.reference.com/government-politics/objectives-red-cross-419ab22f5ef657e5#